Thursday, May 19, 2005

Electronics and Stuff

Since I'm posting the books I like, I might as well post the electronic stuff I've bought and thought are worth recommending.


  1. Canon Powershot SD300 4MP Digital Camera
    I debated long and hard over the selection of a digital camera. With a trip to europe coming up in a 2 weeks i really had to make a quick decision. My 2 finalists were the Canon PowerShot S70 7.1MP and the Canon Powershot SD300 4MP. I didn't need the 7MP offered by the S70, but it has a 28 mm lens instead of the SD300's 35 mm lens. i figured a wider angled lens would be better. Besides, it also had much more manual focus abilites. However it was a lot more bulkier than the pocket sized SD300. In the end, portability won over functionality. I'm very happy with my choice and i got great snaps with it. I got around 100 snaps with each charge of the rechargable lithum battery which is pretty decent. I'd strongly recommend getting an extra battery for long trips. I actually got this accessory kit and the Lexar 512MB Platinum Secure Digital Card. The 16 MB SD card it came with was useless. The SD300 is a nifty little camera and i'm really happy with the purchase.

No comments: